SEO (search engine optimization) is now a required skill for any editor, writer, or communications professional. This eBook shows you the essential online techniques, knowledge, and expertise that every writer today can use to extend the reach of their blog and writing.
These days, SEO is pretty much a basic employment requirement for editors, writers, and communications professionals. But the funny thing is that most writers don’t really use SEO. It is seen as a technical discipline, something left to web developers and marketers.
This is a shame because SEO is one of the greatest ways for a solo author to reach a wide audience. I wrote this eBook to condense essential SEO advice for writers.
By the end, you will know:
- How to properly optimize a webpage–and why you should list this skill on your resume.
- How search engines work. This puts you ahead of 90% of other writers and editors.
- Easily rank your own blog and get thousands of readers through search engines.
Some reader feedback. . .
The Complete Guide to SEO for Writers is very clear and incredibly helpful. I knew I needed to learn something about search engine optimization but I have limited technical skills. Now I know what to do and why it’s essential for attracting readers. If you put time into crafting your writing, it’s well worth reading and mastering what this book offers.
Amy Fried, Professor of Political Science, University of Maine, blogs atwww.pollways.com.
There are many people out there offering SEO advice, but most of them either speak from a technical standpoint that alienates or bores many writers (myself included), or seem to have a vested interest in mystifying SEO. James’ approach to SEO really stands out because he himself is a writer more than a programmer, and, more than that, he’s not the kind of writer who treats SEO like a necessary inconvenience- he treats it like a key element of writing, and he’ll get you to see it that way, too.
Benjamin @ youngurbanamateur.com
Why the techniques in this book work for writers
- I help companies rank for highly competitive terms (I work in digital marketing)
- I helped an online start-up grow to 3 million visits per month
- I’ve brought over 250,000 lifetime visitors to my own hobby blog–without advertising, a press release, or ever writing a guest post
How search engines fuel online content
My own blog is fuelled by people finding me in search engines. Right now, I average 10,000 monthly readers–and only publish about 1-2 posts per month.
Take a look below. You’ll see that the majority of the 18,000 people that found me from April to May arrived via Google. What’s more, over 70% of them were new readers.
Without Google–and the specific techniques I use to optimize my site for search engines–I would have almost no readers.
This 68 page ebook covers a lot of essential web knowledge that every writer should know. . .
- You have to understand how search engines analyze your content in order to attract readers.
- You need to understand how link building, on-page SEO, and internal linking works.
- You have to change the structure of your writing: print writing formats just don’t work online.
- You have to have a basic understanding of keywords to succeed online.
- You can’t just write a blog and expect readers to show up–link building is key.
- You have to create ‘link-bait’ content and understand your readers if you want to build a loyal following.
My book covers all of this and I share over 50 proven tactics that you can use right away to get higher rankings for your blog and attract new readers and customers.
I’m going to show you that writers–not web developers–hold the power online. Writers create content. They can connect to millions of people with the push of a ‘publish’ button. And they can bring thousands of readers every month to their blog–without a publishing contract, a marketing team, or an agent.
What you will learn. . .
In this ebook, you also learn. . .
- 15 proven SEO techniques, including ALT tags, proper internal linking, and keywords
- A complete tutorial on the essential online technique of keyword research
- Proven, easy-to-execute strategies to get more traffic to your site
- 10 of the biggest traffic-costing mistakes made by new online writers
- How to find new customers online
- How to make Google love your content, bringing you a steady flow of new readers
- Essential, simple web knowledge to take your site to an advanced level
- Easy-to-follow screen shots, writing checklists, and free SEO tools
It’s $4.75. It’s concise. And it is written specifically for writers.
The Complete SEO Guide for Writers is everything a writer needs to know about using search engines to bring thousands of readers to your blog every month. No coding. No technical mumbo-jumbo. Just powerful online techniques and easy-to-execute ‘search engine’ tactics.
Any questions? Drop me an email at <email@example.com > and I will personally respond.
How I got started with search engines
One of my first writing jobs was writing content for search engines. Before that I had always aimed for a traditional writing career: work at a magazine, maybe find a publisher. In other words, I always thought it would be years before even a couple hundred people read my writing.
The first article I published online was viewed by over 5,000 people in one day. And I got paid for it. I was hooked.
I’ve been making money as an online writer for 3 years. I’ve worked with an entertainment website that went from zero hits to 3 million plus unique visitors per month and coverage in The Washington Post, and TechCrunch. I now work in an advertising agency, helping clients market their businesses with search engines and social media.
My own personal writing website has been read over 320,000 times and has been covered and cited in national media such as Slate Magazine, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Education, and The San Francisco Chronicle.
The internet’s appetite for good content is boundless. And there are specific ways you can make sure search engines notice your site and promote your content.
Guaranteed for 90 days.
If you are not completely satisfied–you’ll get your money back. 90 days–full-refund. Hell, you can even keep the eBook AND have your money back (it’s an ebook, after all).
Any questions? I’m glad to answer them <firstname.lastname@example.org >.